From Polytech Center Barcelona
Overview of main philosophical concepts. Required as part of the basic course.
- Civilization: The Age of Masked Gods and Disguised Kings, Abdullah Ocalan
- Capitalism: The Age of Unmasked Gods and Naked Kings, Abdullah Ocalan
- Authoritarian and Democratic Technics by Lewis Mumford
- Culture in Crisis: The Visionary Theories of Pitirim Sorokin
- Do Artifacts Have Politics, Langdon Winner
- Deductive and empirical reasoning (story of Democritus and Plato). Overview of different forms of logical reasoning (deductive, inductive, abductive). See here.
- Overview of economy, banking and financial system. How banks operate, the dominant neoclassical ideology and what is money.
- History of free software, the Cathedral and Bazaar, swarm ideology, failed revolutions (Maidan, Egypt, Syria), critique of anti-centralization.
- Write a report (500 words) of each book in the reading list. Optionally, structure your report around the following topics: Civilization, Domination, Democracy, Technology and Economy