From Polytech Center Barcelona
Key text: Richard Werner "Paradigm for New Macroeconomics"
- Philosphical critique of neoclassical economics
- Using ledger-cli, understanding double entry accounting.
- Risk/Reward. Securities. Buy and selling debt using options.
- Structure of IMF, WBG and developing nations.
- How fiat currency works. Money aggregates: M1, M2, ...
- GDP and growth. Borrowing money on markets (cheap vs expensive debt). Liquidity
- Theory behind interest rate mechanism
- Liquidity trap and stagflation
- Main schools: classical, keynesian, monetarist, fiscalist